sermon outline from 1 Peter 3, by Robert J. Young
- What is a Christian home?
- Where Christians live
- Where Christ lives
- Where Christian principles are present
- Where people go to church
- Where Christ is taught
- Where there are Christian relationships
- Where people to to heaven
- The Importance of the home and family to our society
- The Importance of the people in the home
- The importance of God in the home
Just as God builds the church, 1 Pet. 2, so also God builds a home. The home depends upon God, the home depends upon the people in the home.
- Bible backgrounds, Jesus, Eph. 5, 6; Col. 3; 1 Pet 3
I. Wives, 3:1-6
- A. Be Compliant (submissive)
- B. Consider your Conduct
- C. Develop your Character
- D. Choose your Cosmetics wisely
II. Husbands, 3:7
- A. Live Considerately
- B. Live in Connection to God
How? By applying the Christian principles that are appropriate for every Christian, 3:8ff.
Return to Sermon Index
Last updated February 20, 2001.