bits from bob....
I was tempted to title this article, "Seven Values of Real Men." Seven is a popular number in religious writing, and Covey's "Seven Habits...." has given rise to a plethora of lists of seven. Aware of the fact that lists of seven abound, I forge ahead. Here are seven characteristics I seek. I have worded them as realities even those these are goals. They are not characteristics which are the exclusive domain of men, although we men might need to work a little harder in these areas. I hope my list is of help to you.
1. I have a stable value system.
2. I am intentional.
3. I have special relationships in my life. I am able to love and adore other people, and to evidence that love by touching and hugging, both physically and emotionally.
4. I have a servant attitude.
5. I am fun to be around, but not at the expense of others (no negative fun).
6. I am transparent and open. This means that I am an authentic person. There are not hidden corners of my life. I am willing to be seen.
7. I am able to relabel tragedy. I have a healthy perspective on problems. This world is not my home, nor is it my ultimate goal. I am focused on that which transcends this world, and I believe God works for good in all things.
Go to Articles Index