bits from bob....
Just Thinking...About Prayer
by Robert J. Young
©, 2001, Robert J. Young
[permission is given to reprint with credit noted]
In focusing on commitment, spiritual growth, spiritual gifts, missions, and evangelism, we often overlook the significant part each can play in these activities. Consider these hints for greater involvement.
Prayer is important to Christians because it is the way we let the Lord know how we feel and what we think. Prayer is the most positive and powerful tool we have for moving forward in our walk and talk with Jesus. The amazing thing is that we do not use prayer to talk with God more than we do. No one can build spiritual life without regular prayer. Use these ideas to increase your prayer life.
- 1. Schedule a special time to pray every day, and use it regularly.
- 2. In addition to the special private place where you pray, be aware of your ability to pray everywhere at any time.
- 3. When you've done something wrong, pray with repentance to get rid of guilt and to be justified before your God.
- 4. When you are discouraged, threatened, or facing an special time or need, pray.
- 5. Couple your prayer commitment with regular Bible study so that you not only talk to God, but so that God talks to you.
- 6. Always be honest with yourself and with God in your prayers. God already knows-- nothing is hidden from him. Pray honestly.
Go to Articles Index
Last updated December 2, 2001.